Its been awhile

Alright, it has been nearly a month. Funny how my life feels like either a scrapbook page, St. Louis Mommies post, or Facebook post. It is almost like I think in those terms now. This world of technology is an odd place to be.
Random kid happenings:
#4 said no for the first time yesterday. She is now 18mos which is quite old for this to happen. In fact, she said yes, k (ok), nack (snack). She was in the kitchen and found the matches. I took them away and said no no #4. As I walked away she pushed the drawer closed and said no no. It was too sweet for words. Whoever thought saying that would be adorable?? She also gets a bowl from the cabinet walks to the pantry and says nack. Too smart for words.
 Lastly, #4 is nearly potty trained at home. She does best when wearing a top and no bottoms. To keep the legs warm as the weather has gotten cooler here I put a pair of my knee-high socks on her. They cover most of the thigh and keep the important stuff open. LOVE IT!! However, she will not go potty outside of our house. Last Sat we took her to an event at a local park. She told me she had to go (PP she says). After she went I flushed the commercial toilet and being terribly loud it scared her so. She then refused to even enter a public restroom the rest of the day and so far every day since. I am not sure how to rectify this problem but time will tell.
Next, we have number 3. He is getting smarter and smarter. It sure seems compared to his older siblings that the day or week he becomes a year older something happens to make him just a little bit older. Sadly my 2nd cousin's husband passed away unexpectedly. He and #4 attended the viewing where many people were discussing the event. I told him nothing of what we were doing, and yet when we got home he repeated every detail of his death to Daddy. He even began asking many questions in an attempt to possibly understand if it could happen to him or anyone else. It was quite amazing.
#1 is into learning this year in new areas. Of course, his first library book checkout was Tornadoes. He did move on to other natural disasters, earthquakes, floods, etc. But he taught the family about the earth, the location of the Red Sea, the prime meridian what it does, the hemispheres, and on and on. When you capture his attention there is nothing that stops him. The trick is gaining that attention:)
#2 is still an extremely talented, athletic girl. She has her moods which will rear at any second but man can she achieve anything. Her lyrical class moms thanked me for having her in the group because she knows what she is doing and many of the other girls need her example. She helps her sister go to the bathroom all the time, get dressed, or even buckle in the car. I cannot think of a specific story in the last couple of weeks but I am sure it will come at a later time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge