Dating Ewwwww!
Last Sat at M's bday the kids met Bev, Pa-pa's "friend". It has been 3 years since Ma-ma died and this is a very good thing. Truthfully I have not really discussed dating with my kids. #2 has chatted about who hubby and I have kissed besides each other. All of the big 3 know how a baby is born but not how it begins. But it totally caught me surprise when this concept popped up tonight. Here goes:
#1- "How many people are coming to my grandparents day?"
Me- "4."
#1- "Who is the 4th person?"
Me- "Bev, Pa-Pa's friend, remember her from Sat?"
#1- "Is Pa-Pa dating her?"
Me- "Yes."
#3- "Ewwww!!!"
Me- "Why eww?"
#3- "Because that means they kiss and stuff."
The car was quiet for a moment. I really wasn't sure if I needed to say more. Do they understand it doesn't mean he loves Ma-Ma less? I asked them what they think about it. They said it was ok. Then #1 asked why she was coming to the event. They all seemed happy with my response of her caring about Pa-Pa and wanting to get to know the people he loves better which is them. Kids sure do keep you on your toes. Plus, this once again proves the car is the hot spot for major conversations! I guess time will tell what they think about it all. Until then..
"Ewww! That means they kiss and stuff." Ha, he cracks me up. Just wait 4 or so years and show him this post. He'll deny he ever said it :).
ReplyDelete