Momma forewoman

My house is full of laughter, love, learning, blossoming personalities, strengths and weaknesses. It is also full of temptation, challenge and room for improvement. But one thing rarely lacking in my home is spontaneity and creativity. Today serves as yet another opportunity for an example to my claim.
In the kitchen I stand beginning to prepare an agreed upon dinner by all. Well by all I mean the biggest 2 and myself since the littlest two have McDonald's money and a G who is willing to take them:) We had just finished watching 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' which happened to be an excellent example of slightly far fetched reality of middle school to a middle school aged child. Since they both (1 and 2) had read the book there were fewer teachable discussions than I would have hoped for, but nevertheless a glad we watched it 'popular' movie.
Since mom time was already to a maximum for them both they headed downstairs to play their Spy game. They had basically invented it with K and C who were hear during part 1 of 3rd round of snow days this year. Instead I am startled out of my mom brain thoughts (you know the ones where you are working through a hundred different situations in your head that always seem to be interrupted), to the sound of #1. Bellowing at me he says, "We need some nails and a hammer down here!!". Ummm, "Excuse me?" Though not completely shocked at such request because well #1 is himself always and would think of something slightly crazy to do. He repeats informing me that they are building a clubhouse in his room. I do the obvious duh thing and say just wrap the blanket around the bed which is met with we already tried that. Yep, these are not 4 and 5 year old kids building stuff huh?
I say just a minute and I will come help. #1 adds that this is #2's idea and is only doing what she says. Yeah for letting some else lead but what is she telling you, does it make sense? How about a moment to interject being a beneficial follower. Yeah, nice try but he left faster than I could even breath. Upstairs a few moments later she appears with her plans attempting to locate something else. God I love these kids, she is inspired by the drawing and writing of the movie, as she is with all media hence my strict approach to what is valuable time filler and what is not with the "tube". Here are such plans:
 
The clubhouse plans and the map from one clubhouse to the 2nd one planned in the future, HA!

#3 joins in to the ruckus as he is about to leave with G saying, "I have tools, no problem. I'll get it!" Good thing he was headed out the door and didn't have time! He received his very late bday gift from G-ma just yesterday and it in fact is barely smaller sized regular tool kit. Just yesterday I had to make clear that pretending to fix my coffee table as him and C have made great fun of doing wouldn't work with a real hammer. I am awaiting the time when he has destroyed something in the name of fixing it. That day has probably been loooooong overdue. God is so darn good to give me 2 very different son's who fill the voids each other has. I can't wait to see how my youngest daughter fits in all of the mix as she gets old enough to truly hold her own. Wait maybe I can cause that means lots of teens running around here. Ugh be careful what you wish for right? :)

Comments

  1. Love the clubhouse. Joey looks so different in the 2nd picture. He is definitely growing and changing. Love Annabeth's hand gestures. Is that their secret clubhouse sign?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is really, she is trying to find her place in the world and what that looks like for sure. He is not such a little boy anymore at all!!!
    Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge