I am pretty sure I mentioned it once or twice before, I do not have many mommy friends. Ya know the ones who are trekking through life on the mommy train like I am. I have an amazing, thoughtful, faraway bestie and a cousin who may as well be a sister but that is where it ends. That is until this year.
We have known each other since I first joined the local mom's group when she was an area moderator. It was via her that I met Elaine who was a short lived very close mommy friend and moved. She has a son who has a few imperfections from the "norm" of child development (different needs but like my #1 a curve ball for sure) and another chunk of love sweetie baby boy too (just happens to carry a great name which 2
men males in my home share. Even though her oldest is #4's age well it still works because my older daughter LOVES babies about as much as #4 does.
Right now we are still 40ish min from each other but in my life that is a hop, skip and a jump anyway. She is staying at home for now and well I am returning to work but we have managed to see each other several times a month. We even had a whole family BBQ last month too and plan are in the works to do it again are in place. I still crave a momma friend who has older kiddos like #1 and #2 but in time that may happen too. Until then I am thankful for this one lasting friend the mommy site has landed me.
Here's some cute shots from this year to share:
 |
| #4 feeding baby M an empty spoon |
 |
| Baby M getting a kick out of the "queen" |
 |
| Soon to be babysitter on Spring break with Baby M |
 |
| I think 4 mos old maybe, #4 just had to hold him (like every baby she meets) |
Cute pics. Glad you have a fellow rider for that amazing journey on the mommy train :).
ReplyDeleteAmFriend
awesome!!! I love the pics and so glad you have someone closer to you that you can share this amazing journey with.
ReplyDelete