Questions abound and the REAL deal lies underneath
Slime flu: Mommy did you know about the slime flu that killed tons of people?
Me: Um... the swine flu?
Mr. Tim (teacher at children's church), (spoke Joey):
If one room at church was gonna blow up which room would it be?
Tim: Bathroom, toilet, gas....
Mommy (said Joey):
If a human had to fight a crocodile, who would win?
Me thinking it was a trick question: Well if it was a trained person the human.
Joey clearly not in a tricking mood: Well, if YOU had to fight a crocodile who would win?
A blown up Mario is seen roadside from a local gaming store. ALL 4 children were infatuated by this more than life size fictitious creature. While eating dinner (sitting near next to the window), littlest points out how we can in fact see our van. #3 interjects loud enough for the entire restaurant to hear, "Look the Mario is MOVING its hand!!"
Upon verifying such I notice it is fact a person in a Mario costume and the blow up is deflated. The kids do not seem to be aware of that and ALL truly sit quietly in shock. Husband and I sneak eyes at each other and knowing smiles. When we exit the place later the inflatable is once again standing tall and the costumed person now gone. The children are still in awe and I am quite sure many believe it somehow came to life :)
I adore all these moments, even the rough ones where I have to discipline (earlier today), and it hurts me to stay straight on the narrow road of expectation. I struggle with using love first, and frustration in my tone comes out all too often. But as I sit on this computer and look through random ideas I found this video.
what the future holds
In watching it I did not think about myself, my wedding or my husband. No, instead I thought about my sons. My dear sweet boys who some day I pray will love a woman like this. Who will know just how to be a friend and soul-mate. I know some of you are saying "what about these girls?" They matter and I care about their husbands but well it is different with girls. Don't take that statement as a deep discrimination of sexes PLEASE. I know there are things to work on towards being Godly woman, and wives. Sigh, perspective is OH so key for now, and tomorrow and this time it is about the young men God had entrusted me with today.
Me: Um... the swine flu?
Mr. Tim (teacher at children's church), (spoke Joey):
If one room at church was gonna blow up which room would it be?
Tim: Bathroom, toilet, gas....
Mommy (said Joey):
If a human had to fight a crocodile, who would win?
Me thinking it was a trick question: Well if it was a trained person the human.
Joey clearly not in a tricking mood: Well, if YOU had to fight a crocodile who would win?
A blown up Mario is seen roadside from a local gaming store. ALL 4 children were infatuated by this more than life size fictitious creature. While eating dinner (sitting near next to the window), littlest points out how we can in fact see our van. #3 interjects loud enough for the entire restaurant to hear, "Look the Mario is MOVING its hand!!"
Upon verifying such I notice it is fact a person in a Mario costume and the blow up is deflated. The kids do not seem to be aware of that and ALL truly sit quietly in shock. Husband and I sneak eyes at each other and knowing smiles. When we exit the place later the inflatable is once again standing tall and the costumed person now gone. The children are still in awe and I am quite sure many believe it somehow came to life :)
I adore all these moments, even the rough ones where I have to discipline (earlier today), and it hurts me to stay straight on the narrow road of expectation. I struggle with using love first, and frustration in my tone comes out all too often. But as I sit on this computer and look through random ideas I found this video.
what the future holds
In watching it I did not think about myself, my wedding or my husband. No, instead I thought about my sons. My dear sweet boys who some day I pray will love a woman like this. Who will know just how to be a friend and soul-mate. I know some of you are saying "what about these girls?" They matter and I care about their husbands but well it is different with girls. Don't take that statement as a deep discrimination of sexes PLEASE. I know there are things to work on towards being Godly woman, and wives. Sigh, perspective is OH so key for now, and tomorrow and this time it is about the young men God had entrusted me with today.
I like the slime flu!!!!
ReplyDeleteI like the mario character! :) Indeed, I do get frustrated disciplining kids but it's not just about me, it's about taking care of these precious gifts from God. You give me inspirations, Elizabeth!
ReplyDeleteThanks SO much ladies for your remarks!!
ReplyDelete