Will They Even Remember?

      Will they remember all the nights I stayed past them and finished their chores, cleaned up their messes or organized their stuff? Will they remember when they went to work, or friends' friends leaned their room s personal assignment? Will they remember the early morning hours I pushed past tired to make the daily activities happen?

     This was my thought tonight as I changed my youngest load from the washer to the dryer. She was already snug in her bed, likely not sleeping. But then I realized do I? Do I recall the same of my mother? I am an only child, so there is a bit of uneven comparison from 1 to 4. However, I am certain she did the very same for me. I recall the night in 6th grade when she hand sewed my pom-pom skirt for a performance the next day. (Yes, I did do that for 1 year). But really other than that moment I do not ever think I knew her self-sacrifice. Does that make me unaware or ungrateful?
     This is the question, do I want them to know? Do I want to know all I do or feel the love that comes with it? Do I want them to learn that love is an action through my actions without the need to see every piece? I know they see my servant heart and are tasked to join along the way. I just want to know? Will they know when they one day are in a quiet moment in their home just like me? What will they recall?
     What will they remember?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge