I know you hear my prayers but my thoughts?




Friday I had the privilege to go scrap booking with some amazing ladies who are part of a local group. I truly would not be as contented a person most days without having met them and knowing I am part of a team with them. I arrived early thanks to my mom who watched #4 while napping and then picked up kids from school and the kind husband.
On my way through the mall where the scrap booking store was located I noticed several woman with strollers or small children carrying multiple bags. First thought through my head was wow I wish I could just shop like that. Even more so I noticed in the window of a store I was unfamiliar this adorable outfit for #2. It had a skirt, a shirt and a jacket and was precisely adorable. I even began to enter the store to check it out. A price tag of 19.99 for the skirt alone reminding me just where I was. Fast track back to reality where I am a SAHM with a very part time job and 4 kids at home. Yes, back away from the high priced fashion and on to my evening of fun. Continuing my trek to my destination I forced myself to recount all the blessings I do have. Even considering that I have more than my parents did at my age so it is reasonable to believe that my kids will too. I turned it to believe for them to have such freedoms. I don't mean frivolous I simply mean to be freer to choose such luxuries. Anyway, that aside I went on with my gloriously wonderful night away from home.
We shared, talked and laughed truly enjoying the company as well as the task at hand. Storms had begun hitting the area and surrounding counties so nervous nellies wanted to head out just before 11. I am glad we did because no sooner did I get on the highway when the downpour begun. Not only rain but fantastic lightning which nearly blinded you. I was startled to see that flash, pause sonic boom and firework appearance sparks included when it struck a building nearby. That was when I decided to slow down. Sometime after my slower driving I turned off the highway and figured out I had a flat tire. I had already past a populated area, and was in part residential/part rural area. But quick thinking and divine wisdom got to me a small but very lit up church to park. It was late at night and stormy but being 15 min from home allowed me to call my father leaving hubby to remain with the kids and get it filled and home safely. I never felt nervous nor afraid. The hand of God was there making the pouring rain pass by so Dad could work in only a drizzle and little traffic behind us driving slower home. The tire had a nail that was no longer in it and required a simple fill done at home and at zero cost. Yep no doubt God saw this one through. I knew he would, never even for a second did I feel defeated or as though there was something to fret over.
Then, early this morning I had another kind of answer too. You see I am blessed with aunt's who provide me with silly nonsensical items, wants for no reason, sweets and snacks and I otherwise things I couldn't afford to regularly stock or buy. Surprises for no reason, attending functions and activities and on and on. My children know where they come from and are grateful but miss the entire spectrum of what these things mean. They won't know how rare this kind of family is until they are grown as I did not know either. I sure try to drive home needs and wants regularly. Curbing the selfish instinct of human kind as a whole. Please note the key word of try.
Regardless, as I sorted through the most recent items there it was. A rectangular box, pink in color with the uttermost girly design. To gaze upon it made my eyes glimmer imagining what was inside. I just knew it was exactly what I found upon peeking inside. Glamorous, beautiful, professional and adorable all wrapped in one shirt for my big girl. She is already worth a million bucks why shouldn't she look the part? I am not sure if the name brand is anything for the fuss but at that moment to me it was perfect. I heard God still my heart and say I hear your every word, your every thought and I care about them all, even what seems insignificant matters to me. Even what is not a need but a want matters to me. I hear even your thoughts.
I took a moment to thank him for leading people in this way, for providing for my every need, for being who he is. Matthew 7:11
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!Philippians 4:19 God shall provide for all my needs according to his riches and glory. Be still and know that I am God. Yep these childhood verses are flowing from me (ok so I did look up where they were but the words I had in me already). So when the next trial comes, and it will I shall be equipped. I pray each one of you reading this have the very same realization, blessing and favor too!

Comments

  1. The picture of AB is divine! Love it and her and so glad that God is watching out for you and gently nudges you to remind you of His presence and care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge