Eww and opinions
My 2 year old is chock FULL of thoughts, opinions and demands. How amazing it is to relive what I have survived 3 other times before and still feel like my eyes are widened a bit more!#4 fluent in all language, polite speak and slang can tell you the most interesting stories. Her current fav is cookies, and farts. Yep I said the F word. I dislike that choice but well I do have a 10 year old 4th grader so ya get what ya get. Plus my husband finds it truly "hilarious" when they do so and call it such.
Funny story to demonstrate: The date is Christmas night. We are all around the dining room table at my parents house enjoying a beautiful dinner. One that I did not have to prepare makes me eternally grateful too. Anyway, shortly after we began someone burped. I cannot quite remember who it was but if I had to guess it was my father. Older men are so gross sometimes especially in their own home. That was a bit tame as it was not a child and therefore the children weren't sure if appropriate to laugh. Thankful for the pause my mother or I commented on such rudeness at the table. Immediately after another burp was heard being #1 or #3. That cause the avalanche of "correct" behavior and laughter along with more burping from all male creatures. Once it seemed the chain reaction was curbed and we could continue our less than perfect meal dear sweet petite Ms. Evangelene the Queen let one rip. Nice, absolutely nice. There just wasn't anything to bring the crowd back together.Now, it has also been a normalcy of effect for Daddy to threaten to "fart" while wrestling or otherwise in the boy relating that goes one. It isn't possible to shield the boys forever from this very popular male "thing" but I did try for the first oh 6 or 7 years of kid land. #1 has a keen nose and smells everything even things that are not really there. He has thereby unknowingly instructed #4 on such skills. She has begun saying, "Ewwww, something stinky?" or "Who farted?". Awesome, this is EXACTLY what I always dreamed of my little girl. To go a bit more extreme she just sat down by me and said, "Ewww I smell poop, did you fart mommy?" Puhleeeese NO!
SO, I will work on that one FOR SURE! But my most fav crazy opinion (well fear but I refuse to let fear rule anything in this house) is that cookies are bad, and CAN'T go on your face. No need to reread that is what she thinks. During the Kuchta Christmas the minute to win it game she was traumatized by that cookie on the forehead to mouth game. SO much so that she gets very EXTREMELY upset if you mention putting a cookie on your face. She was tired, past nap time and sitting on my lap somewhat sleepy at that. Everyone was yelling or really cheering the person on as they attempted this feat. After being startled more than once she requested to go home and nap. To leave and nap is UNUSUAL for her and G-ma suggested she nap in her room with the music and fan. Gma stayed with her for a bit hearing about this issue over and over until sleep won out.
Days later she wouldn't go to sleep for fear of cookie in her bed, undeterred by my suggestion of a nightlight which she clearly denied. In her prayers at night she asks God to keep the cookies off specific people's face such as Amy, Aunt Lisa and Uncle John. On the way to a play date she pretended to shoot cookies off the cows head repeating "pow pow" over and over and she motioned her pretend gun.
Hmmm not sure my 10 step plan on removing such a fear but were working on it. Yep 2 year olds observe, learn, speak and do the most amazing and ridiculous things. But well I wouldn't trade this last trek down the traveled path with a new pair of glasses. It is after all my very last time...sniff sniff:)

i'm sorry she was so traumatized by the cookie thing but it did make for some very interesting reading..lol
ReplyDeleteLove the imagery of all of this. Evangelene the Queen is a treat, joy, and challenge for sure.
ReplyDeleteWere you sniffing at the end of the post due to emotions or the odor of a fart ;)