( Some of ) What good moms do

Why have I slept in a toddler sized bed because littlest creature is under the weather and scared of the dark causing a crook in my neck for DAYS to come......
                                                                              Cause that's what good moms do.

Why did I just refrain from yelling, exhale and count to ten as my boys whom were playing Star Wars vs Transformers instead of brushing teeth broke one of my favorite cups?
                                                                               Cause that's what good moms do.

Why do I drive from place to place for 4 hours 3 evenings a week as children attend Tae Kwon Do, cheer, dance, tumbling, choir, good news club and more?
                                                                                Cause that's what good moms do. Allowing their kids to grow in the giftings that God planted in them to equip them for their future ahead.

Why have I fought through hurdle after hurdle with my oldest son at his school, with doctors and therapist who don't care?
                                                                                 Cause that's what true moms do.

Why do I volunteer at my kids school in the minuscule amount of time I actually have not working or, chauffeuring, cleaning, cooking or shopping?
                                                                                 Cause that's what good moms do. Get there face and name out there to make the school a better place and foster relationships with those that her kid spends their time away from home with.

Why am I investing so much if my heart and sole in a job that temporarily pays me sooooo much less than I am worth in the world's standards?
                                                                                 Cause it leads to better opportunities for my kids in years to come as well as my future too. Also, because I am truly happy there in the relationships I am building and the environment to grow in. But most important, BECAUSE that's what good moms do.

Why do I find myself shifting in my favorite color, interests and hobbies which seem to resemble more of what my children love that what I would have pickled on my own?
                                                                                 Cause that's what good moms become.

Why do I pray with my kids and for my kids each night, morning and randomly when I can?
                                                                                   Cause that's what Godly moms do.

Why have I begun reflecting on everything that comes out of my mouth in judgement of others?
                                                                                   Cause that is what good moms do?

Why do I listen for what feels like a million years to both my boys ramble endlessly about things I have ZERO interest in?
                                                                                      Cause that is what good moms do?

Why do I stand at my daughters door when she has a friend over and eavesdrop in on her conversation which reveals who she is when I am not around?
                                                                                      Cause that is what good moms do... always staying abreast of their kids, knowing them in and out and not being harsh but using such information to lead to teachable moments later for the attitudes or ideas that are off.

Why did I encourage my youngest son in his bonding with his dad even though it meant giving up a piece of what he and I had and I kinda miss being his savior too?
                                                                                      Cause that is what good moms are willing to do so their boys are balanced and grow to be independent and secure men when the option is there.

Why did I rock each and everyone of my kids to near asleep from birth till nearly three?
                                                                                      Cause good moms recognize that the days are numbered and you cannot ever rewind.

Why did I finally start ignoring the work to be done and be free to play, dance, read, make, build, ride or drive when asked?
                                                                                       Cause that is what smart moms have learned.

Why do I take the 30 minutes to an hour to say goodnight individually to each of my 4 kids, lying next to them, snuggling in close and truly being with them not as the mom figure but as a friend?
                                                                                      Cause that is what good moms do!

Why do I hug a little tighter, say I love you a little more and ask for forgiveness when I have my own spilled milk meltdown after a long tiring day?
                                                                                       Cause that's what real moms do.

Why do I take hundreds of picture throughout some of our seemingly every days?
                                                                                        Cause that's what this mom does to capture this window in time.

Why do I drive my kids batty with systems, charts, rewards, organizations, devotions and more?
                                                                                      Cause that's how this teacher mom rolls.

Why will I wake up each day with an attitude of hope regardless of how badly the day went before?
                                                                                     Cause that is what the best moms do!

Comments

  1. And you are a good mom. May God continue to bless you for you, in your mom role, in your teacher role, in your wife role, and in your friend role too. LY!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge