The mind of a boy

I am a girl. Go figure right? Well, I mean being a girl means that I just cannot fully grasp the mind of a man/boy. While I love my boys in a very different way than my girls I have no idea what runs through their minds or really lack there of too. Hehe.
As of late my oldest son rolls into a more mature considerate role and then BAM like a commercial break he loses it again and I remind myself the simple word eleven. Today however he immersed me in all the reasons I love him so. First, he checked out the Guinness book of world records. Man I loved that book as a kid and I was even then a girl too. Girls can totally enjoy stuff like that. Anyway, the entire family heard about all the weird things that exist such as the smallest and tallest people. Oh another he read to us then and continues this morning was a woman who had 15 sets of triplets. He was a bit confused when I said most of them probably didn't survive. It was during a time frame starting in 1835 after all. Gestation discussion over all 4 kids heads in the car and we moved on. It cracks me up what they pull out of reading sometimes.
Tonight as we all sat in the living room prior to beginning devotions time he wanted to take a stab at naming the entire old testament books. Still very close but about 3 books of he gave in to failure. A short time later during devotions the main point was spending time with Jesus besides church. When it came time to pray #2 asked if I would pray by myself and no kid prayers. She said she was too tired. When I asked about how she was too tired to pray, but not do the endless flips she was doing shortly before dear son interrupted to say potential energy and kinetic energy. LOTI (Laugh on the inside, totally made that one up!) Now that meant I had to then explain those words to the curious room. But, before that as I am getting ahead of myself there was a disagreement about who was sitting next to me.
Each night I am the celebrity where I maneuver 3 kids to be by me. One kid on my lap, usually littlest but tonight #2, 2 others on each side. Littlest had been intentionally disobedient and lost her place allowing for the other three to swoop in. Trauma and tears later #1 was next to me. When he moved there he made sure to point out his concern for the wasp (pronounced waps by him) which was hanging out at the top of the vaulted ceiling above us. His exact words were, "If it dive bombs us I am so out of here. You will just have to be the one to get stung. I have had enough stings in my life." Holy cow that kids cracks me up! I made it very clear that I in fact would take one for them team and attack the waps so that it would get me and only me just before I squished it too. He then ponders out loud, "If only we could speak waps. Then we could tell it to build its nest not near our homes and we won't kill them in return." Now I ask you, what is the appropriate response to that?
Lastly, considering all of this took place in about 20 min, he gave us the severe weather report. You see he has downloaded an app to his ipodtouch. This would be the last of 10 updates since arriving home at 6:30pm. That after aligning 2 sleepovers and a 3rd potential one for the Spring Break week after tomorrow. His verbage is booked or open when he chats with his buddies too. I adore how he views life. I am certain he will do amazing things in his unique way. Until then riding the roller coaster will be awesome, most of the time. I pray this endearing thoughts process will remain true to who he is within.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge