Po Po

Evangelene has an obsession with the police. I truly have no idea where it all started but random times, seemingly on a regular pattern of days she asks why people go to jail, what the police days to them, where jail is, etc, etc. Today was like all the others except she was consumed with why you might go to jail, what jail looked like and where specifically it is at. No general location statements were allowed, she pushed and pushed until I could come up with words that made sense to her. Whew! What will this little girl do with her life?
I informed her, thusly I might add, that I obey the law (minus a time or two driving wise) and would NEVER go to jail! She is such a fireball often beautiful, thoughtful and interesting. But man oh man when she chooses to be stubborn whoa to us all! She knows how to push my buttons and a spanking doesn't truly cure the rebellion. Although I use natural consequences and reserve that for the look you in the eye and tell ya no moments which happen more than I would like to count.
It is funny how there are moments with each of my children that I look at them across the room and just smile. How precious a gift they each are, and how magnificent that God has entrusted me with just them. As typically explained I am tougher on my oldest son that the rest, am not sure that I truly baby my baby but I do more with her than I might with the others in a this is my last kinda way. The 3rd kiddo gets looked over from time to time too. It all makes me so super sad! I mean I am also 3rd kiddo's teacher and I struggle with not letting him be left out.
Dear Lord help me to balance daughter/wife/mom/teacher/preschool coordinator/woman!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge