Weather and the boys

My oldest son now 9 1/2 has been obsessed with weather/acts of nature/natural disasters longer than I can recall. It started out of fear from storms. It even grew to a point where he would be in tears at home, frightened to go anywhere beyond our house if there was even a hint of lightning or thunder.
Then probably because I was a product of a push past your fears home, I prodded and pushed, encouraged and forced him to go outside in the wind, play in the rain anything and everything to overcome the fear. This child only knows high or low therefore the low of fear became the high of obsession. He checks out the books from the library at school or public starting with Tornadoes, Hurricane's, floods, tsunami and on and on. At any given time he will predict the weather based on the cloud cover, and has taken to checking Fox 2 (not channel 2 you must say Fox 2) weather in the morning. A handful of time he even talked to God while in the car about the weather. We know a man who tracks storms for the local Emergency Management agency and it has caused a phone call or two to affirm or deny his suspicions. We joke that he will be a weather man or storm chaser when he grows up.

Now my youngest son who is 5 has taken to getting out the map in the car and "report" where accidents are ahead, which route I should drive and what roads exist. None of the information is correct or accurate since he often is looking at the wrong part of the county but it is funny nonetheless. I am required to take him serious as he sees no humor in my not following his directions. There has even been a time or two in the last week when I turned the wrong way because he DEMANDED I take the route the map showed. I am not sure if this will equal out his brother's addiction but I am riding the wave while it lasts.

In all of this I have one request...when they both grow up and realize they love each other as much as they love to bug each other...they will at least work at the same TV station together LOL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge