Cancel all Florida plans...EVER?
Most days my husband picks the kids up from school. If he is at the Fire Station I do, but otherwise it is Dad. I personally think there is something great about that since he rarely has time with the big kids. #1 is first giving about 20-25 minutes alone before #2 joins. I know that in that time he is a chatterbox covering more topics than I can type. Apparently today was one of those days for the two of them.
#1 says Dad are we going to Florida this year? Dad says no, why? #1 tells him that is good because 12 people a year die from alligator attacks and one of the family might not make it back. Dad says we would stay away from the Everglades, more than likely the source of this problem but no dice in changing his mind/
Later on the car ride to ball games I am informed of the conversation. To stir the pot a bit Dad asks #1 to retell the story. He says that when we go to Florida for vacation he will be staying home, adding the above information. Figuring the reality of how small that number truly is should be pointed out. Well, I should have tried to cool the summer air with my breath before I attempted to convince such a thought. There was no changing his mind, 12 is a lot since there are 6 of us, and he added alligators are found in swimming pools all the time.
I could have continues to argue my point but really at the ripe age of 9 nearing 10 I understand there is no point.
It's final...cancel all Florida plans FOREVER, LOL.
#1 says Dad are we going to Florida this year? Dad says no, why? #1 tells him that is good because 12 people a year die from alligator attacks and one of the family might not make it back. Dad says we would stay away from the Everglades, more than likely the source of this problem but no dice in changing his mind/
Later on the car ride to ball games I am informed of the conversation. To stir the pot a bit Dad asks #1 to retell the story. He says that when we go to Florida for vacation he will be staying home, adding the above information. Figuring the reality of how small that number truly is should be pointed out. Well, I should have tried to cool the summer air with my breath before I attempted to convince such a thought. There was no changing his mind, 12 is a lot since there are 6 of us, and he added alligators are found in swimming pools all the time.
I could have continues to argue my point but really at the ripe age of 9 nearing 10 I understand there is no point.
It's final...cancel all Florida plans FOREVER, LOL.
Oh my GOODNESS!! That is hilarious :).
ReplyDelete