A day in the life

Today was a day filled with random teachable, bonding moments. It was not perfect with a bit of frustration, and bad choices a moment or two yet the good ones were far greater.
I will run down the highlights. First, while walking to get the trash cans at the end of our driveway the big 3 and me discussed the still small voice of God. The kids were surprised by my own examples of hearing his voice, and even a shared example of a time I did not listen. The entire question/answer session lasted maybe 6minutes but the silence that followed allowed for obvious turning of gears in young minds.
Next s'more making time with Gma and G. Of course the commotion of 3 kids moving about in the dark around a fire can be a hilarious/struggle but priceless either way. The discussion that ensued was worth every second. Daddy had conveniently bailed, and G followed a bit later, though hung longer than expected. Funny how men just can't relax allowing for this kind of creative child freedom. It was late and both men had worked all day but nonetheless it ended with just the women and children. Gma suggested camping out in the yard sometime, #1 promptly said no way there are snakes, #3 complained their would be deer, and #2 joined with snapping turtles too. I can just picture the deer knocking on the door requesting they move the tent 100 feet as they are camped on the best grass, the turtle snuggled in the 100 stuffed animals #1 would require to sleep and a snake asking directions to the nearest town. #1 began discussing the shapes he could see in the smoke, then stars. #3 getting exciting from the flashing stars otherwise recognized as planes and #2 wishing she could ride on one. It eventually ended at 10:20, Daddy made his return long enough to chat a bit and call the fun to a close. Piggy back rides for all. Hooray! The memories hopefully will last a lifetime.
Saving the best for last. #3 went to bed quickly and with little debate. #1 and #2 opted to spend the night together. This is such a regular ritual and warms my heart. I just know that regardless of the years ahead these days when they clung together will remain steadfast when they are grown. Daddy climbed in the bottom bunk with #2, I headed to the top. A moment or two squawking because I was not with the female, and then the discussion translated again. #1 took upon himself to give me back rub for 5.00 I never stated I would contribute. Then Daddy began tickling from the side of the bed between the kids. Much laughter was heard, but came to an end when as always someone got hurt. An accident is bound to happen, this time a bump on the head against the bed for #2. Hugs, kisses and prayers abound. Goodnight my loves till the next time around!
Comments
Post a Comment