#1's is 11 and other hilarious outtakes
Joey, Joey, Joey, Joey. There are no words descriptive enough to explain this kid. He is complicated, creative and unique. In all things I can safely say he is far from mainstream and many times a real challenge for this not always similiar momma!
This past Wednesday was his official birthday and marked a 3 day stretch of favor and love. First my favorite farawy friend and bestie send the number one present on his list. It taunted him sitting unopened in the brown box it was shipped in for over a week. Patience my friends is def a virtue for learning, hehe. (Later I will post a pic as I have to get it off the below explained broken camera).
Also, on that day he recieved the less interactive envelopes barring checks from PaPa and Uncle G. Oh and sweet Aunt Rosalie did send him a card with a dollar in it, meaning a lot because it came from her heart. He readily spent that money too, lol. That night while little brother wrapped up his t-ball season #1 stayed with G-ma and G who took him out to dinner (Bob Evans his choice) and allowed him to get appetizers too. I would say a great day!
Today, Friday was even better with a suprise gift from Aunt Kelly and Uncle Wes. Low and behold it is a kit to be a meteorologist with a home base and meters for temp, humidity, wind direction and more. I will be sure to post more about that when it is fully set up. Super cool for sure! (also pick to be added later)
Equipped with fireworks also requested for his bday but no time to share with cousin K and C we headed out to CiCi's Pizza. Honestly a year ago on vacation we stopped at a HUGE location and ate. It was the size of a small warehouse and the buffet was extensive. #1 was more than impressed by it that he spent 365+ days waiting to eat there again. Of course us country living folks had to travel 1 hour and 12 minutes including a bit of traffic to arrive. Graced by every all but 2 Aunts and 1 Uncle we laughed, stuffed our faces and watched the children play in the game room returning time and time again begging for quarters and dollars. All I have to say is my kids are more than blessed that this only child has such involved, caring family. With so many people present to go around there was no shortage of change for the 7 kids playing games.
Oh, I almost forgot Aunt Linda took Joey to the 2nd year tradition of a bday movie (Mr. Poppers Penguins) this afternoon. It included a refill of popcorn to bring home and a large soda. Happy, elated child I would say for sure! #4 had a perfect time as well. She sat on Aunt Lisa her fav Aunt's lap, next to her current boy love Joe. Puppy love is so sweet, innocent and wonderful. Good thing I know he won't break her heart!
#1 decided that amazing enough the place was pretty small and unlike his first experience. He admitted the pizza never was that great, but instead the size was what mattered originally. I suppose reflection is key cause ya know I will use this situation to drive home a future lesson or two!
Earlier in the day my children racing, and bickering with my camera in hand dropped it and it broke. I am holding out that by some miracle the one year warrenty will apply but we shall see. In the meantime I was unable to capture the various memories at hand. In light of that and the need to fill a two page spread in #1's bday scrapbook I instructed everyone to line up in front of the symbol on the outside of the restuarant. Perfectly content to not be in the picture I set up my phone for the taking when my oldest Aunt said let's ask a stranger to take it. Quick like lightning she grabs the scrappiest, least likely to be capable man sitting on the curb nearby. I am thinking it is possible he may have been homeless really and while the thought of handing my expensive phone crossed my mind I relented. Before I could even make it to my place he had snapped a picture. In it people were sideways, some talking etc. All in all a bad picture. I told everyone to wait and I asked him to take another. Then the phone began to ring so I had to push the button to ignore (can you believe it was my mother calling, she has a knack for bad timing sometimes lol). This time lesson learned I hurried after saying wait till I get to my spot. He pushed the button but I watched as he moved the phone knowing full well it was gonna be blurry. What do you think?
This past Wednesday was his official birthday and marked a 3 day stretch of favor and love. First my favorite farawy friend and bestie send the number one present on his list. It taunted him sitting unopened in the brown box it was shipped in for over a week. Patience my friends is def a virtue for learning, hehe. (Later I will post a pic as I have to get it off the below explained broken camera).
Also, on that day he recieved the less interactive envelopes barring checks from PaPa and Uncle G. Oh and sweet Aunt Rosalie did send him a card with a dollar in it, meaning a lot because it came from her heart. He readily spent that money too, lol. That night while little brother wrapped up his t-ball season #1 stayed with G-ma and G who took him out to dinner (Bob Evans his choice) and allowed him to get appetizers too. I would say a great day!
Today, Friday was even better with a suprise gift from Aunt Kelly and Uncle Wes. Low and behold it is a kit to be a meteorologist with a home base and meters for temp, humidity, wind direction and more. I will be sure to post more about that when it is fully set up. Super cool for sure! (also pick to be added later)
Equipped with fireworks also requested for his bday but no time to share with cousin K and C we headed out to CiCi's Pizza. Honestly a year ago on vacation we stopped at a HUGE location and ate. It was the size of a small warehouse and the buffet was extensive. #1 was more than impressed by it that he spent 365+ days waiting to eat there again. Of course us country living folks had to travel 1 hour and 12 minutes including a bit of traffic to arrive. Graced by every all but 2 Aunts and 1 Uncle we laughed, stuffed our faces and watched the children play in the game room returning time and time again begging for quarters and dollars. All I have to say is my kids are more than blessed that this only child has such involved, caring family. With so many people present to go around there was no shortage of change for the 7 kids playing games.
Oh, I almost forgot Aunt Linda took Joey to the 2nd year tradition of a bday movie (Mr. Poppers Penguins) this afternoon. It included a refill of popcorn to bring home and a large soda. Happy, elated child I would say for sure! #4 had a perfect time as well. She sat on Aunt Lisa her fav Aunt's lap, next to her current boy love Joe. Puppy love is so sweet, innocent and wonderful. Good thing I know he won't break her heart!
#1 decided that amazing enough the place was pretty small and unlike his first experience. He admitted the pizza never was that great, but instead the size was what mattered originally. I suppose reflection is key cause ya know I will use this situation to drive home a future lesson or two!
Earlier in the day my children racing, and bickering with my camera in hand dropped it and it broke. I am holding out that by some miracle the one year warrenty will apply but we shall see. In the meantime I was unable to capture the various memories at hand. In light of that and the need to fill a two page spread in #1's bday scrapbook I instructed everyone to line up in front of the symbol on the outside of the restuarant. Perfectly content to not be in the picture I set up my phone for the taking when my oldest Aunt said let's ask a stranger to take it. Quick like lightning she grabs the scrappiest, least likely to be capable man sitting on the curb nearby. I am thinking it is possible he may have been homeless really and while the thought of handing my expensive phone crossed my mind I relented. Before I could even make it to my place he had snapped a picture. In it people were sideways, some talking etc. All in all a bad picture. I told everyone to wait and I asked him to take another. Then the phone began to ring so I had to push the button to ignore (can you believe it was my mother calling, she has a knack for bad timing sometimes lol). This time lesson learned I hurried after saying wait till I get to my spot. He pushed the button but I watched as he moved the phone knowing full well it was gonna be blurry. What do you think?
Yep, whew I suppose this is ammunition for the memory but man so sad too! The last but sweet part of it all is that dear beloved Joe got to return to our house and spend the night. All kids camped out in the living room to watch #1's new movie Megamind I am grinning from ear to ear. My kids is blessed just like I feel I am and there really isn't any other reward for that! Well, maybe having a camera to capture it.....
| The first picture before anyone was ready |
| #4 with her favorite beloved cousin Joe |
Comments
Post a Comment