the chatter just never ends

I am blessed with 4 kids, 3 of whom could talk your ears and then some off. #4 is steadily catching up making sure to get the last word in, correct you when you try to summarize and one up her gabby brothers. Tonight while attempting to have family prayer time the conversation seemed endless. I will admit my goal driven day (finish the downstairs living room reorganize) let the day fly by with hardly any togetherness. Here are the highights:
#1 begins the open forum with a real concern on his mind, foxes. Of course exploring the idea of a predator leads him down the old road of grizzly bears and wolves/coyotes. "If there were 3 foxes near the chicken coop you wouldn't have me put them up. You and daddy would do it, right?!" Typically these questions end in right expecting that I would agree more like a rhetorical question. A bit of backstory in that there was one, then two and now 3 foxes wandering in the pasture and the front of the property near the road. We have been letting bear out to make his presence known so they do not get interested in chickens/duck.
Of course, my agreement was not enough and it transpired into a back and forth about what various other animals can do ending with the very serious concern about wolves climbing on the deck. Stopping the fear thoughts right in there tracks #3 chimes in.
"If Joey was in charge because you and Daddy were not home and no one else was her I would just get the gun and shoot twice and kill them. (he continues almost aware I was about to ask why twice) I would shoot 2 times because the first one would have to break the window and the second shot would kill them." Oh how his Daddy would be so proud, a bit off about the breaking the window shot not killing but hey he had everyone's back. That boy is all that my husband dreamed from a son! #1 well he is so much like his dad sometimes it is really funny!
#2 had drifted off to sleep at some point in all this, she tried to hang with the sleepover boys last night and left her too sleepy. I feel that as I did the very same thing 30 minutes sooner while watching tv with the crew. #4 goodness, that little fireball. She interrupted every question and answer, every very breath anyone in the room had to interject what she would do. Most of that were tall tales about a dog "this big" holding her arms as far apart as she could reach. Another was about her shooting the attacking creatures not to be outdone by her brother. If I even dared to justify reality within her story she smiled, smacked her lips together taking a deep swallow and said, "NO...." She cleary named all the reasons why I was wrong or stepped the story up a notch. She would look away if any of us smiled composing herself to be true to her point. Oh how I wish I could retype just one of her ramblings. Finally we managed to pray, not one child said more than 2 sentences exhausted from the busy couple of days.
One more recap that I am proud to say. I got little Ms. Queen at her own game tonight and she knew it but didn't know what to do. I was the only one drinking the cherry 7up or whatever flavor it is officially called. This is my new fav soda and well it was a long day so I caved. I made the crew drink water all day except breakfast to balance out the Six Flags soda day. She made multiple attempts at getting me to share with no avail. Then she magically arrives with some cookies from the snack shop. Darn it if I forgot to latch the door. I tell her after fruit or vegetable, she complies having apples. Poof I see her near my face and she smiles her evil grin. "I drank all your pink soda, its alllllll gone Mommy!" I believe there may have been a giggle too. Oh no she didn't resounds in my head. I guess no cookies for you then huh? She snatches them to try and make a fast getaway but I am quicker. I grab her, rip them from her hands and put them on the highest of high cabinets, way out of reach for her intelligent stool yielding self. Shock reads all over her face, then dismay because I got her at her game. Yep, the cuteness of baby years is completely gone and the accountability of preschool land is sooooo HERE! No tears, negotiations were shed. I take that encounter as the openign shot of the war. I am pretty sure it is ON up in here and this momma has been there done that! I will reign so look out to us both!! LOL my husband would have laughed his butt off watching us go at that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge