Unrelenting, focused, driven possibly stubborn too


I have been described as many many things over time. Often to my face the words had a positive spin, I am pretty sure the negative has and still does circulate as well. Words have power, they speak life and they speak death. I am so keenly aware of this that I fail to trust many words coming from those closest to me. A perfect stranger can say something and it carries more weight. I suppose that is because the stranger has little need to lie. They have no motive, nothing to gain and their words seem honest whereas a family member or friend can readily do so. I fully realize this is a distorted view but the hard knocks of life have shown me it rings all too true.
As a teacher you are taught to find the best in everyone, to use that in motivating and play on it first. I can spot the generic words on a note, newsletter or assignment a mile away and shudder in irritation. Why must we say things we don't really mean? How ironic is it that the thing that means a great deal to me is also the source of so much pain?
Nowadays the car is my pep rally, my oasis when it is I do not have a million children in it. A local Christian radio station has become my lifeline. Though all too often they play the same songs repeatedly these songs speak truth, value and purpose. The annointing I feel from singing the words washes over me and I can take over the world. I am driven to make a difference and I want, no I NEED to used by God. I long to make a lasting difference, to leave this place changed and for the better. It is eery how strong these emotions are in those moments.
Tonight as I approached the PTO meeting humming the last song playing in the car that same wealth of possibility pushed me. The notion of complacency where lack of parent involvement in the school as a whole was the "norm" is not ok with me. I will not give up on this school, or any school just because it looks hard. If you begin to give up on one piece of the pie, slowly that attitude eats away at the whole pie. There are ways to make it better, I will be part of the solution not just the problem. I will not let the "leaders" tell me oh well.
I know I am being prepared to do big things, I know God has a plan for my life and it is not to show my kids that when the going gets tough we slow with the tough. You never say die, never so no you make pink lemonade with lemons. Yes pink, refreshing and sweet leaving you feeling happy.

I had to take a "Leading from your Strengths" test for a job I applied for recently. It cost me 26 dollars of my own money but was great money spent. Reflecting on its truth I can build upon what I have going for me, acknowledging my weakness and trusting God to strengthen that too.

Here is one small piece:
Elizabeth is people oriented and verbally fluent. She likes to develop people and build organizations.She is positive in her approach to dealing with others. She may not understand why everyone does not see life as she does!

Super true, I don't understand. Why do people lay down and die instead of fighting, why don't they value themselves enough? I do not get it, but then again I am uniquely created for just the right purpose. Course in my typical fashion let me end with sayings those negative people have something to offer to balance me out...sometimes :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge