A day in the life of Evangelene

Yesterday was a jam packed Evangelene day. She awoke with a bang chattering away in her bed. Daddy was home so he made a rare wake up call first. Walking into the room he questioned, "Who do I hear talking in here...you?" She replied, "No. It's my boyfriend," in her most matter of fact tone. Shocked by such a un 3 year old like remark he went on to inquire where this boyfriend actually was. She retorted that he was under her pillow but ran away. All smiles he repeated this conversation to me adding that he may be switching her double windowed main floor bedroom with her brother's main floor but walk out basement side room for smaller chance of this ever truly happening. Yes friends, I was a smart cookie too and I am trying to stay abreast of her every move. Whew, I have my work cut out for me, huh? :)
Then at school they had a fire drill, unbeknownst to me she rambled on and on about a loud noise that hurt your ears and a fire at school. Details about going outside but not playing and being safe not dead were among the many. I love how literal this age is, don't stay inside or you will die! Then my last moment with her of the day as she headed off to bed and she gave me one more smile. #1 and her were tickling/hugging in her bed. If you know my kids then this should surprise you. #1 is thoughtful to a point but tunnel visioned too. He rarely bonds with his youngest sister since his older sister takes the mother role and he was always at school. He is not interested in babies which eliminated the first few years of her life in any real brotherly fashion. BUT in the last year the two of them have their things. For example since he doesn't like going outside alone at dusk to put the chickens and duck in their houses he takes her with him. She LOVES having a job and he loves his partner. This week he has taken to saying goodnight to her too. I halfway think it really is about staying up just that little bit more, but then again it "could" be about being the big man too... maybe. Regardless of the motive I like the result and I give them their time. He asks for a hug, she relents, he tickles. She laughs and repeats as many times as possible until they both end up lying side by side squished on the toddler mattress in the twin size bed. I know get a new mattress mom already! To that I say that my other kids need to stop finding ways to spend that money ie cheerleading warm up jacket, Tae Kwon do testing and on.
I digress as usual. The point is they are taking some special time together. Yippee, until the fun must end. I pull out the big guns, they both negotiate a sleepover another time and we call it a night. BUT not before she straight faced tells me, "Chill DOWN Mommy!" I chuckle in the now dark room, sing Hush Little Eva ending with her being the sweetest little Evangelene in town and she reminding me that it is in her school's town. My heart swells even more and I head to my new favorite retreat....my FREE Color Nook! Don't you wish you were me, LOL.
Come back for pictures to be added soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge