M m m mmm Mommy!

Sweet words that almost every woman longs for when she has kids. Of course sometime in there those precious bundles of perfection start saying it repeatedly in that whiny horrendous tone that only a small child can make. That would be the point when nearly every mmm mommy wishes she could remove such word from her child's vocabulary. Yet in a moment of need, that same woman's heart swells to the size of a killer whale when her feminine arms carrying the strength and determination of mountains scoop up aforementioned child and makes "it" all better. Once again the mommy word is restored to its original appreciation.

I am pretty sure I go through that cycle of emotions just about every single day as of late. In the process of finding the right job for me I am imagining the long term effects of each job. I currently have interviewed and am awaiting to hear back on a part time assistant job. Then on Monday I will be interviewing for a full time teaching position. The two jobs are like opposites attract in what they will do or not do for my family. I am thankful that I did not hear back from the one yet and this way I have time to hear from God. This of course is assuming I have the choice between the two. I am fairly sure on the one but there are no guarantees so I do not want to be conceited, and the other is possible. Really it is all in "his" (God's) hands.
As anytime I am required to imagine the future it makes the present all more amazing. For example, this morning little Miss Evangelene the Queen climbed into bed with me, stealing my charging cell phone and demanding I find Mickey Mouse. But in all that she smiled, used her manners besides command style speech and giggled in that small child way. She snuggled up next to me, tried to tickle me. Then told me to "put my chin up so she could get to my tickle". Shortly into her show she requested we sing song, patty cake and ha la la. Boy if there was a way to bottle this stuff up I would be a millionaire!
#2 appeared in the room confirming how to cook "rollups" her word for cinnamon rolls. I recently have taught her how to cook them and she double checked each step. Littlest next to me and older sister cooking makes me sigh at the perfection of ages I seem to be at. I know didn't I just post about there is no perfect age? Well I gotta say I think I am lovin where we are at here. Yesterday 5 out of the 6 kids successfully prepared and cleaned up their own lunches. I am soooo happy I included serve yourself days in the summer weeks. Bittersweet cause next year there will be a 12, 11, 9 1/2 and 7 turning 8 year old boys. These kids will be less and less enamored with all that I can offer hence the transitioning of filling our days with activities away from home instead of snacks and crafts here. They all have to grow up.
The ultimate of all things is when you get a real life example of other's who have a very different track. I mean a dear friend of mine whose son is the same age as #4 but not the same. I adore her and she is an amazing friend when time allows. I am thankful that despite the 40ish min between us we do see each other about once a month this year. She has the infamous baby Michael which my girls cannot get enough of, and then her older son is Will. #4 likes him and talks of playing with him but the baby love does take over a bit when they are here. Will is adorable, and sweet but is learning about social interaction slowly. He has made great leaps in the last year. In this way I feel like I totally get my friend because I too spent YEARS trekking with having a kid who is slower and unable to do the same as others. It is really difficult because people ask stupid questions. I.......

*** 2018 original is from summer 2011 update as I never finished this vein of thought. I love the reflection especially since I often long for these days but wish I would have completed the post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge