Malls and Christmas time can be fun
Cheap fun with small children can be wandering the mall. There is long indoor hallways and open spaces so movement works, some even have a play area. Shiny attractive toys, clothes and the like can be found if mom and/or dad are brave enough to stop and see. Glass elevators and escalators are like mini roller coasters for a toddler. Gumballs can be purchased with just a quarter. Mom gets to window shop and pretend that she actually can afford to walk in and come out with random bag after bag of "stuff". Hubby and I have done this many a time to get out of the house and spend little. Today I decided it would be a perfect treat.
#1 used to call it the stairs place (his favorite thing to do there) and any visit brings excitement for my crew. Christmas has the extra element of additional attractions. One of those would be the trampoline. At one time I had them convinced they were too young, that is until a parent blew my cover by letting there 4 year do it. Then they require cash, which I NEVER have so that deterred for awhile. But today allowance bearing children did just that. 7.00 each, #3 using birthday money from Uncle John and #1 using close to what he had. #2 did flips, turns and generally unabashed about anything at all. #1 was next and extremely cautious. He did jump but with tight fisted hands concerned for every ounce of his safety. #3 was in between the two. His confident demeanor quickly diminishes once outside of our home and clearly thought about flips or turns but stuck with the safety of high jumping. They each were more than thrilled to do the previously forbidden and 2 out of the 3 can't wait to do it again. I'll leave the mystery of which up to you:)
Overall 2 hours in and 1 or 2 very short blips on the horizon later we departed. I really am blessed to have 4 kids whom I can take out in public places and usually be happy when I leave. This trip was one for the books. I brought the secret stashed soda's, pez candy treats, lunchables (terribly unhealthy but child requested lunch treat) and some Aunt net snacks. Ya know the snacks I cannot afford to buy regularly but are beloved favorites! This wrapped the trip up to costing minimal and memory making fun. The only downside would be that our goal for the trip (besides the other stores we stopped at outside of the mall) was the perfect present for a dear far away friend who we get to see soon. Alas, I am glad we went and look forward to the next time, how crazy it that?!

I want to jump on the trampoline :)! What a neat alternative to the sometimes spendier activities. Didn't #1 refer to the mall as the Door, referring to the Elevator?
ReplyDelete