Reality check, motivation and living life
I think the title just about sums it up today.
First, I prepared for my oldest son's birthday party. This year I chose to allow him to invite a select number of children instead of the mass whole class and beyond people. It has been fun having 20 plus kids for several years but he is perfectly happy going somewhere other than home with those he really cares about anyway.

As for motivation, well, I have had little to scrapbook in awhile. Since choosing to not attend the weekend long scrapfest I just haven't had the time. I fully intend to get back to it, but well 4 kids and a slew of commitments just put a damper on it all. Yet, as each child one by one engrossed themselves in these books I remembered just why I started doing it after all. #4 said, "Tell me the stories Mommy." The moved from one to the next as each would shout out, "Look at _____, or _____." I have #3's 4th bday to finish, #2's bday and Christmas in 2009, then all of 2010 on. It sounds like a lot and not too much all wrapped in one. Here's to hoping this Summer provides some time to chunk away. It is very rewarding when completed!Lastly, tonight I did what I vowed to do this weekend and lacked. I didn't spend all night completing chores or cleaning tasks etc. Instead once the kids finished their chores, and dinner was done I just hung out. #4, #2 and I (the girls) watched Good Luck Charlie my now favorite family show. Then as #2 headed to shower #3 and I watched Extreme Home Makeover about a biker preacher AND played Battleship. It was an interesting game since the understanding of how to play the game was scratchy.
I left the pile of clothes sit, the clothes in the washer waiting to be dried sit, and the dishes in the sink. Eventually all but #1 were together chatting etc. #4 and I have also been reading the Fancy Nancy books. She looks very similiar to Fancy with the red curly hair and the eccentric style. Here's to all of it rubbing off. She and I styled each other's hair and she informed me she looked like "fancy Eva". I SOOOOO love that!
It was a blessing really after how crazy my schedule has been lately. the scrapbook time and #4 brushing my hair netted the kids an extra 35 minutes past bedtime but I think it was worth every second. I do hope I can learn to be this way a bit more often.
Life is really good, God is great and we are blessed because stuff is really just stuff!
First, I prepared for my oldest son's birthday party. This year I chose to allow him to invite a select number of children instead of the mass whole class and beyond people. It has been fun having 20 plus kids for several years but he is perfectly happy going somewhere other than home with those he really cares about anyway.
Next, there was a storm with 50-60 plus mile hour winds. This in the aftermath of a terrible tornado in the same state yesterday afternoon led to some intense moments. As it all passed I drove in front of my parents house next door and found our trampoline. First let me say how very thankful this is all that I have to post about losing. At the same time it feels like a blow as school ends in 2 days and there are kids here using it daily. BUT, all may not be lost. 2 pieces were for sure bent. Other than that it may be ok. Once this weather lets up possibly this weekend we will assemble it again and make the final verdict. I am VERY thankful that my father is an expert welder and happens to live right next door!
I left the pile of clothes sit, the clothes in the washer waiting to be dried sit, and the dishes in the sink. Eventually all but #1 were together chatting etc. #4 and I have also been reading the Fancy Nancy books. She looks very similiar to Fancy with the red curly hair and the eccentric style. Here's to all of it rubbing off. She and I styled each other's hair and she informed me she looked like "fancy Eva". I SOOOOO love that!
It was a blessing really after how crazy my schedule has been lately. the scrapbook time and #4 brushing my hair netted the kids an extra 35 minutes past bedtime but I think it was worth every second. I do hope I can learn to be this way a bit more often.
Life is really good, God is great and we are blessed because stuff is really just stuff!
Comments
Post a Comment