Things that make me say, "I love this child."

Ever noticed something that just made you smile from ear to ear? Ya know the little things that turn a dreary ho hum day into a sweet moment? Well I have captured a few of them lately and thought why not share them with you.
This picture here is my youngest son, my sweet little man's bed. I have said it before and I will say it again he is the most chivalrous boy I know. He is kind, thoughtful and caring. He notices the tiniest of things and thinks through most of what he does. He will make some woman an amazing husband and it will be bittersweet to let him go and cleave to her. That time I pray is still far away because I plan to savor what I get and encourage his own selfishness at times so he learns balance. Anyway, all that to preface that here is his made bed. I did not ask him to do this specifically I simply explained to all of my children how it would make me happy to have a clean house for my birthday. He was the ONLY one who took it to the next level. My heart melted that day seeing this.

Next I discovered this peace of joy today. Oh how I am full of glee when she does things like this. I spent longer than I should scouring old albums looking for a specific picture I recall. It was of me when I was near this age wearing a dress and dark nylons, feet at my desk and teaching paraphernalia spread around me. This moment made me think of that because in this way her and I are alike. She is naturally organized (labeled certificate saying 10th place and medal Principal's honor roll), but often lacks the maturity to maintain for now. She is strong and a force to be reckoned with for sure. I too was such before the hard knocks of life, and the wrong choices in friends/boyfriends stripped some of it from me. I pray I am led by the father above to be the parent she needs me to be.

Here is my favorite coffee mug which I have owned since I moved out on my own. I have others that are pretty but it is this I return to each time. I am willing to share but secretly am sad. How silly is that! Lately my hubby has been thinking of me in the mornings and starting the coffee pot. Even better it tis to drink when I did not have to make it.

My sweet Joey, #1, he has his own special place in my heart because he is the first and well he is unique from any other child in a very different way. Over this last year he has grown and matured an makes me so proud. He is less negative than before and is controlling some of his anger issues to a even level most of the time.
This year his party was very different than previous which will be for another post. But the smile moment was when I asked him to tell me 2 things that would have made it better. His answer, "If the 2 people who couldn't make it would have come, and if it wouldn't have stormed." What a priceless answer, so simple, so perfect.
Now here is YOUR challenge: Post your own makes me happy blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines, Boys and food

Piglet strikes again...

Dad in charge