Go Cardinal's
Most of you already know we live near St. Louis which pretty much equals baseball. Though truthfully hubby and I are the farthest thing from fans we do love to watch our own ball players learn. Maybe that is why going to a Cardinal's game turned out to be more fun than before kids days.
We packed tons of snacks thankfully that is allowed, even a bottled soda for each kid too. We ate sandwiches on the way down. There was a major accident on the Hwy which closed it so we had to detour a long way. But since we took #4 to her dance class to be picked up we were super early anyway.
Having seats 3rd base side we hoped for a few foul balls to attempt catching. The boys behind kindly offered to share any ball too. Who can resist a 6 yr old gripping his glove like it was his lifeline, eyes glued to the field. #2 was interested in catching something too but peanuts took great importance at the start. Everyone was pretty giddy and didn't mind the chill in the air. Who knew that a May 3rd game would include a overnight frost? I brought a blanket and jackets but not winter coats. Lesson learned on that one for sure! In fact that was the ONLY reason either kid requested to leave before the last inning.
Overall, it was a fun time. Much better than my first trip when the 4th inning was all I could take. I don't know if I will be willing to purchase tickets to another game but well free one's for sure. I hear there is some hub something or other you can find them cheap too.
The Cardinal's pulled out a win and the game ended at the top of the inning too. The walk felt good and we warmed up a bit, impatiently we turned on the heat tired and grateful. God is so good, we pray for favor regularly. I do believe that is the perfect description for this opportunity!
In April the bigger 2 kids' school hosted a family trivia night. They had prizes for the winning team and also door prizes to give away. I cannot remember how many people were there but considering it was the first time for such a thing I would say it was pretty well attended. My big family made one team by ourselves since the max was 6. Daddy was on duty so it was just us 5. The first questions were terribly easy but like most trivia's there were several along the way that were quite challenging. We didn't do too bad, scoring somewhere in the middle of the pack, and then the absolute suprise of the night was winning the best prize of all, 4 3rd row seats to a Cardinal's game. They were truthfully the second section 3rd row, but seriously REALLY close to the field. As the somewhat intoxicated 20 something college students behind us said, " The grass looked so good you feel need to touch it."
#3 was the most excited. He even told his teacher he was playing with the Cardinals, a slight confusion but so sweet too. #1 opted to stay home so Daddy could attend. This was probably for the best since it was super cold and totally not his style at all. He does not play ball himself. We packed tons of snacks thankfully that is allowed, even a bottled soda for each kid too. We ate sandwiches on the way down. There was a major accident on the Hwy which closed it so we had to detour a long way. But since we took #4 to her dance class to be picked up we were super early anyway.
Having seats 3rd base side we hoped for a few foul balls to attempt catching. The boys behind kindly offered to share any ball too. Who can resist a 6 yr old gripping his glove like it was his lifeline, eyes glued to the field. #2 was interested in catching something too but peanuts took great importance at the start. Everyone was pretty giddy and didn't mind the chill in the air. Who knew that a May 3rd game would include a overnight frost? I brought a blanket and jackets but not winter coats. Lesson learned on that one for sure! In fact that was the ONLY reason either kid requested to leave before the last inning.
Overall, it was a fun time. Much better than my first trip when the 4th inning was all I could take. I don't know if I will be willing to purchase tickets to another game but well free one's for sure. I hear there is some hub something or other you can find them cheap too.
The Cardinal's pulled out a win and the game ended at the top of the inning too. The walk felt good and we warmed up a bit, impatiently we turned on the heat tired and grateful. God is so good, we pray for favor regularly. I do believe that is the perfect description for this opportunity!
This was near the end of the game and the cold won, that and the tired boy. I believe it was 10:30.







So fun! Greg took Sam with my brother and dad the other night because he won tickets as well! Apparently she was an angel! :) Stubhub.com is the website! I love that pick of #3 with the glove. Did you catch anything?
ReplyDelete